Thursday, October 13, 2011

Parallel Parking. Oct 11th, Entry #94.

Sara:  On Tuesday I taught Hailey how to parallel park....using post-it notes.  That's right.  She had to take a driving test that afternoon and was worried about parallel parking.  And I said, "I can teach you how to do that, my friend told me the best way to do it."  So, I had Jordy draw us some cars on 2 post-it notes and we were in business.

If you'd like to learn how to parallel park, keep reading.

Step #1  You're driving down the street, you find a nice, cozy little spot on the side of the road and decide you'd like to park there.



Step #2  Then you take your sweet little blue car with really bright headlights and you pull right up next to the UPS truck that you want to park behind.



Step #3  Then you, slowly and cautiously, back up until your front tires are parallel with their back tires.



Step #4  As soon as your front tires are matched up with their back tires, you turn your steering wheel hard so that the back of your car starts to back up into your cozy little spot.



Step #5  When it seems that you are just about as far as you can go before you hit the curb, turn your steering wheel sharp the other way and straighten out your car.


Ta-da!  If all steps have been followed correctly (and Aaron told me these were accurate steps, I checked) you should now be successfully parked.

Now, I haven't actually checked with Hailey to see how she did in her driver's test.  I hope my advice worked.  I really hope she didn't hit the cars in front of or behind her.

No comments:

Post a Comment