Tuesday, October 2, 2012

He is jealous for me. Sept 30th, Entry #106.

Sara:
This past Sunday at FLOCK our focus was "Jesus".  Yeah, ok, good luck explaining that in an hour and a half.  What was I thinking trying to break out this ginormous topics from the Nicene Creed at FLOCK this semester??  But, Chris has done a good job of reigning me in each week when I have a mountain of ideas for the topic but no flow.  He asks, "what do you want the kids to walk away knowing?".  Well, if I can only have one thing it's that Jesus loves you.

The worst thing is, that just sounds like every Religious Ed class you ever had in 3rd grade.  Jesus loves you.  But the truth of it is hard to ignore.  The hard part is convincing teens that it's true.  Totally, wholly, unbelievably, unshakably, unchangingly TRUE.  How many people really believe that?  How many people even think about that on a regular basis?

And that got me thinking about the song "How He Loves" by the David Crowder Band.  The first line of the song is "He is jealous for me".  He is jealous for me.  Jesus is jealous for ME??  really?  me?

So not only does he love you, he is jealous for you, he doesn't want to share you, he is selfish for your time.  Wow.

Our God, the creator of the universe, the founder of our Church, the maker of all things good and holy....wants nothing but to know us and to be known by us.  Personally.  Each one of us.  All the time.

He is waiting for us.

Yikes.

We ended the night with about 20 minutes of adoration.  We don't do adoration very often at FLOCK, but tonight was definitely the night to do it.  I always hope it will go over well.  That the teens aren't secretly texting or just trying to stay awake.  I mean, I don't really care b/c you can't underestimate the power of Christ sitting in front of you and what he can do.  But you never know what's going on in their brains.

After the night was done and during the next day, I got about 5 different texts telling me how much they needed that prayer time, or how great the night was or asking if they could get the code to the adoration chapel.  They all thanked me.  Me?  I didn't do anything?

Thank the Holy Spirit....it was his idea.  I just followed his lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment