Monday, January 24, 2011

Theology of the Potty. January 24th, Entry #57

Sara: So, blogs are fun.  Blogs are fun because you get to come across some weird stuff you might never find out about otherwise.  Take today, for example.  I clicked on the "Catholic Youth Ministry" blog because the author had a new entry entitled "Theology of the Potty".  Well duh, of course I have to check out what that's all about.  And to my delight I discover a few awesome things.

First, this blog entry was referencing a new mini-book for guys entitiled "Choosing the Right Urinal".  And, to make it even better, you can download the mini-book for free and check it out.  It's funny, it's relevant, it makes you think....all my favorite things in this job.  So, check it out....you know you're dying too.

I could not make this up.


Second, the guy who wrote this mini-book is part of an acoustic humor rock band made up of 2 Catholic guys, Dan and Kyle.  Kyle wrote this book.  Their band is named Popple and they are AWESOME!!  They are hilarious and cool and I want to sit around with them, listen to their stories and be their friend.  You know you want to check them out too.

See, don't you want to be their friend?

And thirdly, to make this even better, I have met Popple before.  I had heard of them, but I got to see their awesomeness first hand in New Orleans at our Youth Minister Conference.  They sang a few songs, told some stories and made us laugh A LOT.  And just so you can see why, check out this video of a song they sang for us called "Youth Ministry in the 80's".  Absolutely classic. 




Sidenote: Sorry ladies, this blog entry is more for the dudes.  I mean, I don't really want to read a book about urninals and being manly....although I'm sure we would get a good laugh out of it.  So, give me some time, but I'll come up with something just for us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment