Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Take a big drink! April 19th, Entry #72.

Sara:  Now, I did have a few more things to say about the Chrism Mass, but they are mostly funny and I didn't really want to mess with my somewhat serious ramblings in the last post.  I only get serious every so often...I didn't want to jinx myself.  But now, on with the funny shenanigans.  You guessed it, most of them are about Kyle and C-dub.

#1 Kyle looked so nice!  So, the thing with the Chrism Mass is that there are a lot of important people there, especially the Archbishop, so you need to make a good impression, dress up, look professional.  When Kyle told me he was going to be at the Mass I was a little worried that he's show up in tattered jeans, a t-shirt and flip flops.  BUT, he didn't!  He had a shirt, WITH buttons, and it was TUCKED into his jeans.  Our little guy is growing up!

#2  C-dub's communion with Dana Nearmeyer.  Kyle and I see Chris laughing as he walks away from receiving the Blood of Christ from Dana.  Oh boy.  We can only guess what Dana said.
       Dana: Take a big drink!  The Blood of Christ.  Amen brother.
        Chris: I didn't even say Amen.
       Kyle and Sara: **trying not to laugh out loud in Church**

#3  The Archbishop's homily.  Ok, so this wasn't funny.  Ok, I guess the part where he called Abbot Barnabas "Deacon Barnabas" was pretty funny.  (just so you know, an Abbot is like a bishop in a religious order.  you don't call an abbot a deacon!)  BUT anyways, the AB told a story about a Jesuit priest who was ministering undercover in Communist Russia in the 1940s and was eventually arrested, tortured and help prisoner for 15 years.  And after all of this happened, he still felt that he had failed God...that he had given in to torture and not defended God the way he should have.  What?!?! 

His story was awesome and intense and I am in no way doing it justice, so I am just going to give you a link to his story so you can read it for yourself.  It could be a great way to get ready for the Triduum.  Sacrifice for God....what can you do?  Fr. Walter Ciszek.

No comments:

Post a Comment