Thursday, November 4, 2010

Joe's Hero. November 3rd, Entry #37

Sara:  Ok, so I have 2 thoughts from yesterday at AP FLOCK.

#1 - I need to apologize to Aaron.  Let's just say that I made a joke about his friend...and Brian and Joe WOULD not let it die.  Later in the evening Joe decided to tell a story about his hero...so he just retold Aaron's story about his friend and changed some of the details.  We all got one major ab workout from laughing soooo hard....Aaron was literally rolling on the ground laughing.  I love it when Aaron laughs...like really, really laughs.  Let's just say that if you are ever in New York with a friend and he wants to buy socks...at the Gucci store....RUN AWAY!!  I would tell you the story but it is so wildly inappropriate that we shouldn't even have had it.  Yup, that's what we do at AP FLOCK....be totally inappropriate.

#2 - What do you think about true masculinity and true femininity??  This is a thought/concept that has been on my mind and heart for the last 2 weeks.  So, I have been bringing it up to certain kiddos to see what they think.  Annelise and I have been having a 3 day conversation about it.  We talk about it, think about it and come back to it at the end of the day and talk some more.  Last night Aaron and Jordan and I had some good thoughts about it after AP FLOCK.  I don't really have any answers...but I am very intrigued by this idea right now.  What it really means to be masculine and feminine but not in the way our culture sees it...in the way that it is meant to be, in the way that God created it.  If you have any thoughts we'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. I've got something. Why when someone says, "he is a great guy" we know what they are talking about. That, that person is true model of a man. But there isn't a way to say the same about a girl. I've never heard someone say, "she is a great girl" and have the same effect. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete