Thursday, November 11, 2010

Seven. November 6th, Entry #39

Sara: Things I loved about the High School Rally "Seven":

My girls:
* The party starts when they show up.  I'm not even kidding.  We get to the rally, I tell them to head for the front row (you always have more fun in the front).  By the time I sign everyone in and get there they are dancing to the Mikey Needleman Band and literally getting the rest of the group off their feet and dancing along.  Every time.  We bring the party.
* The humility to go to confession.  It's not easy. Way to rock.
* Their welcoming and inclusive attitude.  We had lunch with kids I didn't even know b/c they invited them.
* Their athleticism.  We played one epic game of ultimate frisbee.  All of them played and we outnumbered the boys, but we could hold our own.  And, the server at Sonic also noticed their athleticism...even though it was kind of creepy.  We won't talk about that anymore.

The Mikey Needleman Band:
* I mean, c'mon, who doesn't love them?!
* All the Matt Maher they played....and how the crowd went wild for "Hold us Together".  Of course.
* Party in the U-S-A.  The only dudes I know who can rock that song and make it look cool.
* Telling the high schoolers that they should know "Don't stop believing" b/c it was on Glee.

Fr. Rob Spaulding:
* When he talked, you could hear a pin drop. I think talked for over an hour the first time and everyone was still attentive.  That man can engage.
* His courage to tell his story.  To be honest.  To change the hearts of a lot of kids with his message.
* For his priesthood.  That he is  able to bless the world with his gifts due to the forgiveness and compassion of 2 amazing families.

My frisbee:
* R.I.P my dear UPA approved, 175 gram disc.  I hope you rest eternally on the roof of the Sonic.

Matty and Jared:
* We love you.  We miss you.  We pray for you and to you.  We will see you at the altar.

No comments:

Post a Comment