Thursday, September 16, 2010

Do you know what you do? September 16th, Entry #10

Sara: This morning I was writing a letter to the 13-year-old girl that our youth group supports each month.  Her name is Lurbin Delaissey and she lives in Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras.  I told her about our summer mission trip and how much fun we had.  I told her to keep studying hard and focusing on her school work.  And then I told her about my family.  She asked in her last letter to learn more about my family and see a picture.  I told her that my mom works at the airport, that my dad is an architect and designs building and I told her that my sister___________???  And I didn't know what to say.  How do you explain to a 13 year-old Honduran girl that my sister is a regional development manager for a large company that creates and produces marketing and advertising materials??  I actually called my sister and asked her what I should say.  She laughed and told me that I should write that she "goes into buildings and talks to people."  Well, that just sounds lame.  I ended up going with "My sister’s name is Kate and she visits lots of offices and sells them supplies for their businesses."

All of this got me thinking about how grateful I am that I could just write "I teach teenagers about God".  Done.  When it comes down to it, that's it...just that.  Really?  I get to do this for a living?  I really do have the best job ever.

And just like Lurbin Delaissey, here is a picture of my family. :)

We're pretty ridiculously good looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment