Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thank you for not being 5th graders. September 30th, Entry # 17

Sara: So, I think I made a mistake.  I think I committed myself to something that I should have stayed FAR away from....5th grade Religious Ed.  "Sure Pam, no problem, I can easily teach 5th grade Religious Ed for you for the next few weeks...I mean, how hard can it be?  I'm clearly awesome and kids obviously love me and this will just be fun and easy b/c they're only 10".  I don't think I have even been so wrong. 

So, I would like to thank all of you awesome teenagers for making this the best job ever....b/c if I had to work with 5th graders all the time I would have run far away from SMTA a long time ago, jumped onto a freight train and lived with the hobos that never fail to live in those cars until the train stopped in Hoboken, New Jersey where I would have then joined up with the circus as the human cannonball.

So, thank you for paying attention when I ask you to...with only like 2 reminders to be quiet.
Thank you for not drawing all over your face with a blue marker until you look like one of those weird aliens from Avatar.
Thank you for listening when other people talk.
Thank you for not throwing markers at the girl sitting in front of you.
Thank you for not drawing a smiley face on the back of the neck of the boy next to you.
Thank you for not pulling the chair out from the kid next to you as he is about to sit down. (but really, that was pretty funny!)
Thank you for engaging in good, deep conversation about topics that matter.
Thank you for wanting to be there and wanting to learn about awesome things.
Thank you for being teenagers so we can HAVE awesome discussions.
Thank you for getting it.
Most importantly, thank you for coming to things and being involved, b/c if you didn't then I would HAVE to work with 5th graders b/c none of you would be around!

No comments:

Post a Comment