Monday, September 27, 2010

Walking. September 26th, Entry # 15

Sara:  Man, I have a lot from today.  I think I'll make a list...I like lists.

#1 Sweet new leader shirts.  That's right, I HEART FLOCK.


#2 FLOCK in general tonight.  I LOVED our rockin' obstacle course....thank you Aaron, Brian and Joe.  And thank you Joe for giving new meaning to the phrase "wet your pants".  Thank you for willingly getting soaked for the entertainment of the rest of us.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone just sit down into a bunch of cups of water.  I love talking about Abraham and Isaac and Abe's trust in God even when he does not want to do what God is asking him.  I loved looking around the room and seeing a lot of faces with "ah-ha" moments clicking.  I got to show a clip from "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade"....only the BEST movie ever.


#3 Walking.  Just in case you ever wonder if Aaron and I are living what we preach...I promise you we do...and I promise that God holds us to even higher standards being the example for all of you awesome kiddos.  God is just plain kicking my butt right now.  I asked all of you "what are you willing to walk for?"  And God gave me the opportunity just this weekend to prove that I am willing to walk the walk, to walk to the top of that mountain knowing that something SO much better is waiting for me.  Praise be to God for challenging me in my challenge to you.  If you want to know what I walked for, ask me.

What are you willing to walk for?
 #4  Notes of thanks.  I came into my office after FLOCK to see a little anonymous note on my desk from a kiddo thanking me for being great and for helping them meet the Jesus in them.  Praise be to God that He used me to be a vessel for you.  Thank you, whoever you are.

If you weren't sure if I had the best job ever, I hope you know now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment