Friday, September 10, 2010

"_____ my Youth Minster says". September 8th, Entry #2

Sara: On Wednesday night after learning what I do all day, one of my J-Hi Youth group leaders put her facebook status as "I wish I was Sara Batenhorst".

I also got a facebook message from a kiddo that is now in college.  He shared with me the prolouge of the book he is writing about me.  It was a great prolouge, I can't wait to see the rest of this book.  In case you were wondering, the title of this book is "Crap my Youth Minister Says".  I hope I don't lose my job when he publishes it....b/c I have the best job ever.

Here is his prolouge:
"I never would have guessed that by my senior year of high school I could cuss in front of my youth minister, let alone quote her cussing in front of me. The idea to document her in all her glory came from my senior trip to Buena Vista, CO. There were nine of us from my youth group, including Sara and Aaron, the two youth ministers, but by the time we left, there were simply nine friends. We had survived a week together, we had climbed mountains (ok it was a hill that was designated for climbing), we rafted down a river as team Jersey Shore, and we hiked up a mountain just to turn around and walk back down the same path. Among our adventures were some awesome fireside chats and a few good natured jokes. Which leads me to the important part of my story, where the truly good advice comes into play. The crap my youth minister says."


Matt, the author of this fab book, hanging out in CO.


No comments:

Post a Comment