Monday, October 11, 2010

Cowboy boots and frosting. October 10th, Entry #23

Sara:  Tonight I would like to talk about Luke.  I have been a fan of Luke since he was in middle school.  Just his independent spirit, his desire to be EXACTLY who he is no matter what anyone else thinks, his work ethic, his dedication to things he's passionate about, his honesty, and frankly just his name (I've always liked the name Luke, it's manly!) are things I've always admired about him.

But tonight...tonight I got to see a different side of Luke, the ornery 17-year-old side.  Luke got a new pair of cowboy boots (I do love boots!).  They were pretty darn cool....brown square toe, blue leather on the top half, sweet white stitching and orange piping. I lamented the fact that people would not be able to see the cool, colorful part of his boots b/c they would always be under his jeans.  So, what does he do?  The only obvious thing....tuck his jeans right into boots....and he wore them like that for the rest of the night.  Nice.

Luke also helped frost some cupcakes with the ladies b/c he was early.  After the decorating was done he decided that he could not, in good conscience, let the leftover frosting go to waste...so he got a spoon and went to work.  By the end of the night most of the frosting was gone as was Luke's ability to sit still.  Talk about a sugar high...not to mention the imminent crash that was soon to come.

Thank you Luke for letting me see this ridiculous side of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment