Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Quotes of the day. October 5th, Entry #20

Sara: Today I was reading a book about Youth Ministry.  There were 2 sidebars in the book that literally made me laugh out loud at Panera.  I figured it was only fair to share them with you.

#1 "How does a functional youth group operate when you have the Goth kid sitting next to the home-school kid and the home-school kid sitting next to the youth group make-out-machine?"

Someone please, please, tell me what a "youth group make-out-machine" is??  New favorite phrase, right there.

#2 As youth ministers we live and minister in a culture of diversity and contradiction. One minute you can have a conversation with a teenager about faith, life, the universe - as deep and insightful as any conversation with an adult - and the next minute you'll have a bunch of kids rolling on the floor laughing because someone farted."

Yup, this is my life.  This is my reality every Sunday night.  Thanks for keeping me on my toes guys.

I have the best job ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment