Monday, October 18, 2010

Forts. October 17th, Entry #28

Sara: Tonight we built forts....that's right, forts.  I thought Aaron was going to pee his pants, he was so excited at the idea.  Each team got a bunch of blue gym mats, some boxes, stools, trash cans and these weird cylinder things.  After they built and fortified their forts, each team got the chance to attack another fort to see how strong their defenses were.  It was EPIC.  I've never seen such creative uses of blue mats and recycle bins.  Everyone's forts held up pretty well too considering the massive bombarding that took place.

But I think my favorite part was the fort that used the weird cylinders as helmets for their defenders.  It was my favorite b/c it really didn't work.  It actually made for bigger targets for people to throw things at...and throw things they did.  But those boys were dedicated...despite the massive headaches that must have ensued.  They stayed in there and took it for their team.  I will say, their fort was still very sturdy after the beating....but I'm not sure it had anything to do with them or their helmets.

See what I mean?  Weird cylinder things.

Not the best fort of the bunch.  Sorry guys.


The projectile bombardment items.


The poor recycle bin...it will never be the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment